Among the shortest emergency wait times in Toronto, recognized by Cancer Care Ontario for the shortest surgical wait times for three years in a row, and home to internationally recognized programs and expert physicians, North York General Hospital (NYGH) is revolutionizing health care in our city – right here in your own backyard.
A beacon of care for close to 50 years, NYGH serves over 420,000 patients each year in one of the fastest growing communities in Canada. We offer a wide range of acute care, ambulatory and long-term care services, including: Cancer Care, Paediatrics, Emergency Services, Family and Community Medicine, Genetics, Maternal Newborn, Medicine and Elder Care, Mental Health, and Surgery. We are also home to a robust research and innovation program, having launched the Institute for Health Care Innovation in 2012.
More facts about NYGH:
- Our Charlotte & Lewis Steinberg Emergency is one of the busiest in Canada with more than 120,000 visits annually, and is in the 90th percentile for patient satisfaction
- NYGH’s obstetrical centre is one of the largest single site centres in Ontario, delivering almost 6,000 babies each year. We also care for 500 premature or critically ill babies annually in NYGH’s Tippet Foundation Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Our BMO Breast Diagnostic Centre is the only breast cancer program in Canada with international accreditation by the American College of Surgeons
- Every colorectal and breast cancer procedure being performed worldwide is now available at NYGH
- NYGH is national leader in providing in-home and inpatient care to palliative patients, through the Freeman Centre for the Advancement of Palliative Care
- NYGH was the first community hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto for research and are an integral learning site for medical students and other clinical learners facilitating almost 2,000 annually
- NYGH was one of the first hospital’s in Canada to reach HIMSS Stage 6 certification in Electronic Medical Records
This is just a sample of the incredible things that are happening at our hospital every day.
Check out more information about NYGH here >>