Thank you for your interest in organizing an event to support North York General Hospital Foundation. You have the power to make a direct impact on the community where you live and/or work; community events are a great way for an individual, group or organization to raise funds to support North York General Hospital. To start planning your event, fill out our event proposal form or contact Kristina.Cundari@nygh.on.ca or 416.756.6802.
NYGH Foundation can provide the following assistance
- Offer event planning advice/expertise
- Discuss ideas and best practices
- Provide resources: check lists, templates and documents to assist you in planning and organizing a successful event
- List your event on the NYGH Foundation website with a link to your website, and promote your event on our Facebook page
- Once your event is approved, we will provide NYGH Foundation logos and/or wordmarks
- Provide a letter to validate the authenticity of your fundraising event once your event proposal form has been approved (this will help you secure sponsors)
- Help to find a speaker for your event (subject to availability)
- Issue tax receipts, according to NYGHF policies and CRA guidelines
NYGH Foundation cannot provide the following assistance
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- Guarantee specific foundation or hospital staff attendance and/or participation at your event
- Apply for gaming licenses or insurance
- Mail/email lists of NYGH donors or sponsors
- Administrative, or volunteer help/support
- Manage your revenue/expenses
- Send e-blasts on your behalf
Event ideas include, but are not limited to
- Dress down days at the office
- Walks, runs or races
- Company picnics
- Bake sale
- Cocktail party or BBQ
- Golf Tournament
If you would like to create your own fundraising click here.
For tips and tricks to help you host a successful fundraising event check out our Third Party Event Toolkit.
Donating to NYGH In Celebration of a wedding, birthday, anniversary, festive occasion is a wonderful way to add meaning to a special day. By asking your family and friends to donate instead of buying a present is truly a gift that keeps on giving.
In Celebration donations can also be made to the Foundation in lieu of host gifts or traditional gifts such as a birthday and holiday presents. We can provide you with a note card as a way of acknowledging your generous contribution on behalf of your friends or family to NYGH.
Please contact Kristina Cundari at: 416-756-6802 or Kristina.Cundari@nygh.on.ca to learn more of our In Celebration opportunities to give a gift that will go beyond care.