North York General Hospital has one of the largest cancer care programs in the Greater Toronto Area, with over 18,000 oncology patient visits each year. From diagnosis to treatment, we offer care for a wide variety of cancer diagnoses, including breast, colon, prostate, gynecological and urological.
Enhancing the cancer care experience for patients and their families
Our multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and allied health care providers work to ensure that our patients are given exceptional cancer care guided by Cancer Care Ontario best practices.
Patients and their families can quickly access a wide range of cancer care services, including the following facilities:
- The BMO Breast Diagnostic Clinic, part of the Karen, Heather & Lynn Steinberg Breast Centre
- Our team of breast cancer experts assess individuals with a potential breast cancer diagnosis using state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment so they can make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- The Baruch/Weisz Cancer Centre
- Redeveloped in 2019, this centre houses a full suite of cancer care clinics, including the Anne Tanenbaum Chemotherapy Clinic, hematology, oncology, a dedicated pharmacy, a pain clinic and mental health support.
- Freeman Centre for the Advancement of Palliative Care
- This centre has a program that provides care for patients with advanced serious illnesses in hospital, in clinic and at home.
- Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre
- Opened in 2007, this centre provides expert, compassionate and advanced care for men with suspected prostate cancer.
- Charlotte and Lewis Steinberg Familial Breast and Ovarian Cancer Clinic (Genetics Program)
- This clinic provides genetic assessment and counselling for individuals and families who are at increased risk of developing inherited breast and/or ovarian cancer.
Thanks to the many measures we’ve taken to reduce wait times for cancer surgery, we are proud to say that we have the lowest cancer surgery wait times in Ontario. Visit our Surgery Program to learn more.
Key partnerships for patients
Our connections with regional and provincial cancer care providers allow us to deliver responsive care to our patients and their families. To facilitate radiation treatments for patients, we have partnered with the region’s two cancer centres: The Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Princess Margaret Hospital at the University Health Network.