Bring your friends, family and neighbours together to have some fun and support health care in your community.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Raise funds at a lemonade stand
- Host a fashion show
- Organize a silent auction
Please fill out the form below and someone from the Foundation team will contact you to learn more about your fundraiser. You can also submit our Fundraising Agreement Form and submit to [email protected].
Please note: All necessary permits are the responsibility of the event organizer and North York General Hospital Foundation requires evidence of all permits/certificates.
For further assistance contact Kylie Mondorf at [email protected]
Community Events Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in hosting your own event or initiative in support of North York General Foundation. Every event, big or small, helps us to deliver exceptional health care to our diverse community. Not only do events raise much-needed funds, but they provide the chance for the broader community to learnmore about the excellent care North York General Hospital continues to provide each and every day
North York General Foundation (the “Foundation”) provides financial support to advance patient care,teaching and research initiatives at North York General. The Foundation welcomes events, big or small, in person or virtual, organized and sponsored by individuals, corporations and organizations (“Event Organizer(s)”) that are intended to raise financial support, awareness and engagement with North York General.
In accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines and for the benefit of the Foundation and the Event Organizer(s), the Foundation has outlined the following policies, criteria, and guidelines below.
Organizers should consult the CRA Charities website for complete information: canada.ca/charities-giving
The Event Organizer(s) agree to:
- Maintain a positive and professional image at all stages of the initiatives planning process and give the Foundation positive exposure and positive increased
- Ensure benefits are directed to the
- Use its own contact list for the
The Foundation reserves the right to:
- Refuse involvement and the use of its name and logo or to withdraw its involvement and use of itsname and logo for any event that does not meet its
- Withdraw agreement by giving the Event Organizer(s) written notice with no financial and/or collateral obligations that may result from such cancellation.
- The Foundation will not assume any legal and/or financial liability associated with your event.
- The Foundation will not be named in, or sign contracts on behalf of the Event Organizer(s) nor will acontract be signed, or obligations be made on behalf of the Foundation without the Foundation’s approval and written consent.
- Event Organizer(s) will submit net proceeds within 30 days of the event.
- If requested by the Foundation, Event Organizer(s) will submit event related financial reports including a complete list of event expenses and revenues. The Foundation retains the right to verify the financial reports.
- Event Organizer(s) will provide the Foundation with a week’s notice if the event is to be cancelled.
- All sporting events require that all participants sign waiver forms waiving North York General, theFoundation and all of their affiliates from any physical, personal, and or financial liability.
- North York General Hospital, the Foundation and its affiliates will not be liable for any covid- relatedoutbreaks or Event Organizer(s) are expected to take and accept all precautions to ensure an event is safely executed, including the provision of PPE, masking, hand sanitizing and maintaining distancing, in line with Public Health guides and as relevant to the event format.
- North York General Hospital and the Foundation hold firmly to Ontario legislation and their own policies which require no tolerance for harassment and violence. While the term violence is generally understood, harassment is behaviour that is unwelcome, demeaning, hurtful or intimidating, including demeaning remarks, and jokes, displays of racist or sexually suggestive materials, bullying, inappropriate sexual advances, yelling and swearing.
- All third-party events and/or initiatives that benefit North York General Hospital and the Foundation will be held to the same standard of no tolerance for harassment and violence.
- Any confirmation of such behaviours will result in the removal of all the Foundation brands, marks and identification generally and a discontinuance of the relationship between the Foundation and the community event fundraiser. Monies raised at an event which is shown to have included harassment and/or violence will not be accepted by the Foundation and receipts will not be issued to the donors.
- The Foundation is committed to following all rules and regulations regarding tax
receipts set out by the CRA. This is imperative to protecting our charitable status. Please note that CRA guidelines can change from time to time.
- The Foundation has the discretion to issue tax receipts and retains that If tax receipts areissued by the Foundation, the receipts will be issued to the true donor for gifts of $20 or more, in accordance with CRA guidelines and the following information will be required: the full name of the donor eligible for a receipt, their donation amount and their complete address. Gifts on our online platform will be automatically receipted.
- As per CRA guidelines, for ticketed events where a portion of the ticket price is a donation to the Foundation, the Event Organizer(s) must first determine the value of the benefits provided to all participants (i.e. dinner, green fees, door prizes). These benefits are considered an advantageand must be deducted from the amount of the gift before the Foundation can issue a receipt for the eligible amount.
- The Foundation will not underwrite any
- Unless specified by the Event Organizer(s), donations to the Foundation shall be used tosupport the Foundation’s highest priority needs.
- Any request to restrict the Gift for a specific purpose must be approved by the Foundation in advance of your Event; and if approved, must be clearly communicated to all Event participants in advance of the Event.
- If, after acceptance of a restricted gift, the Foundation finds that it is impractical to continue to apply the gift to the restricted purpose, the Foundation may re-designate the purpose of the gift (having regard to the original intent of the gift).
- Twelve percent of the gift will be allocated to the Foundation in order to assist with the Foundation’s costs, including processing, receipting, investment management, stewardship and granting.
Use of Logo and Name and Promotion
- With a written approval prior by the Foundation to its use, Event Organizer(s) may use the Foundation “In Support of North York General Foundation” logo and name in participant communications and promotional materials.
- The Foundation will have final pre-approval of any promotional material created for the agreed upon event.
- The Foundation will not provide nor give out its mailing and/or donor list to event organizer(s) or mailout promotional material to the Foundation’s donor database on behalf of the agreed upon initiative.
- The Foundation will not cover insurance for events and/or virtual initiatives.
- Event Organizers will carry adequate insurance for their events and will show proof of insurance coverage prior to the event date.
Licenses and Fees
- Any event involving licenses and fees will conform to government regulations.
- The Foundation will not complete applications for license/permits the event may require.
- The Event Organizer(s) is required to provide copies of licenses and/or permits upon request.
- Event Organizer(s) will pay the fees for any required license and/or permit.
North York General Foundation is unable to provide:
- An event planner to support the event. However, the Event Organizer(s) will have a dedicated staff member that will offer guidance through the event planning process
- Staff or volunteers to support the event
- Funding or reimbursement for event Event expenses should be deducted from event revenue.
- Assistance with ticket sales, securing corporate sponsorships or
- Social media promotion via North York General and the Foundation
- Email blast/promotion to the North York General and the Foundation However, your event will be listed on the Foundation website.
- Assistance with media Any plans for media coverage must be submitted to NYGF for consideration and approval from NYGF and NYGH Prizes, auction items or awards.
- Guaranteed attendance of staff or volunteers.
- Insurance coverage for events.
Assistance in applying for any permits, licenses, or insurance coverage.