Third Party Fundraising Event Guidelines
For approved third party events/promotions, the Third Party Event Organizer(s) (“Event Organizer(s)”) and NYGH Foundation are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Event Organizer agrees to carry out the event as per the Event Proposal which has been approved by NYGH Foundation.
- The Event Organizer agrees to inform NYGH Foundation of any changes to the event that have not been outlined in the Event Proposal.
- The Event Organizer agrees to obtain all necessary permits, licenses and insurance for the event and provide copies to the foundation a minimum of 7 days before the event.
- Event staffing is the responsibility of the Event Organizer.
Promotional Materials & Licensing
- NYGH Foundation will, in its discretion and upon prior written approval, allow the use of its name and logo by the Event Organizer to promote the event.
- Any use of the logo must have written approval prior to its use.
- The Event Organizer agrees that all promotional materials associated with the event clearly state the percentage of net proceeds that will benefit NYGH Foundation, including on tickets printed for the event.
- The Event Organizer understands that NYGH Foundation will not provide its mailing and/or donor list to third parties.
- NYGH Foundation will need to approve ALL promotional materials including brochures, flyers, advertisements, publicity and media communications in relation to its participation in the fundraising event.
- The Event Organizer is responsible for making all media contacts and ensuring that it is clear that NYGH Foundation is not the organization requesting media coverage.
- NYGH Foundation will, at its discretion and based on availability, provide existing in-house promotional materials.
Proceeds to the Foundation
- The Event Organizer will submit to NYGH Foundation the net proceeds from the event together with a complete expense and revenue statement within 60 days of the event.
- The Event Organizer must provide a complete list of donors to NYGH Foundation which includes: full name, address, email address, amount given and amount to be receipted, list and value of benefits received for donation.
- Receipts cannot be issued by NYGH Foundation for proceeds of an event; receipts are only issued for direct donations where the donor receives no benefit for the contribution. For more information, please click here.
- Documentation to support tax receipting for donations must be provided to the Foundation within 60 days of the event.
- NYGH Foundation agrees to issue tax receipts on donations of $20 or more, and in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. It is the Event Organizer’s obligation, prior to the event, to confirm with NYGH Foundation the specific policy for issuance of tax receipts with respect to the event.
- Event Organizer’s obligation, prior to the event, to confirm with NYGH Foundation the specific policy for issuance of tax receipts with respect to the event.
- NYGH Foundation will not solicit sponsors on behalf of the Event Organizer, nor will it provide sponsorship contacts.
- Any Third Party contacting potential sponsors must disclose the nature of the third party arrangement and must position NYGH Foundation as a recipient of proceeds, not the host of the event.
- Third Party solicitation lists to be reviewed by the Foundation before soliciting.
- The Event Organizer agrees that it will not look to the foundation for funding or reimbursement for any expenses it may incur.
- The Event Organizer agrees not to retain any of the proceeds as profit for organizing the event.
- If event expenses are greater than the funds raised, the Event Organizer is responsible for paying those expenses.
- NYGH Foundation will not assume any legal or financial liability associated with the event.
- NYGH Foundation is not responsible for any accidents or damage to persons or property that may occur during the course of the event and the Event Organizer will obtain suitable insurance for the event.
- All sporting events require participants to sign waivers.
- Either party has the right to cancel the event a minimum of 21 days before the event with written notice.
- In the event that the event is terminated by either party, the Event Organizer shall immediately cease its use of all logos and any promotional materials.